Conference: “New Approaches to Transmedia and Language Pedagogy International Conference”
Manchester Metropolitan University
27-28 June 2019
Call for Papers: deadline 20 January 2019
The Manchester Metropolitan University announces its “New Approaches to Transmedia and Language PedagogyInternational Conference”, which will bring together international researchers in all areas of Modern Languages, Pedagogy and Transmedia.
This conference is being convened by the Manchester Metropolitan University and supported by the Open World Research Initiative (OWRI) project entitled ‘Cross-language dynamics: reshaping community’, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC).
This is an inter-disciplinary conference and papers are welcomed from a wide variety of disciplines and practices areas. Some topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Video Games in Language Education
- Translingual and Transmedia Education
- Media Education and Intermediality
- Film and Visual Arts in Language Education
- Digital Literacy and Language Education
- Transculturality and Media in Education
- Transmedia Practices in Higher and Secondary Education
The conference invites scholars and experts to contribute to the discussions on these areas. Submissions from postgraduate students and early career researchers are particularly welcome. We invite submissions for three types of presentation:
- Individual papers: Oral presentations on original research by one or more authors.
- Full panels: Three thematically connected papers on original research by several authors.
- Posters: A0-size academic posters, which will be displayed during a dedicated poster session. A digital version of the poster must be sent via email 72 hours prior to the conference and submitted physically to the registration desk on the morning of the conference.
All papers consist of a 20-minute presentation by the author(s), with an extra 10-minute slot allocated for discussion at the end. Proposals for papers should include an abstract under 350 words and a bio of no more than 100 words. Panel proposals should combine the abstracts and bios of speakers in one document, and should also include a short rationale and panel title. Poster proposals should include an abstract of no more than 250 words and a 100-words speaker bio. All proposals should be submitted to the organisers at email@example.com.
The deadline for proposals is 20 January 2019. Accepted papers will be notified by 15 February 2019. Selected papers will be invited to submit for a peer-reviewed volume.
For more information on the conference, please contact Dr Carmen Herrero (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms Marta F Suarez (email@example.com), at the Manchester Metropolitan University. For more details of this project, see http://transmediaineducation.com.
Registration fees: £150 | Concessionary rate (postgraduates): £80